This page lists useful third-party tools, not maintained by Gamepedia, which may be useful during the creation, design, and maintenance of a wiki.
- Adobe Color CC: Color wheel.
- Paletton: Color scheme designer.
- Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator: Create gradients and generate the needed CSS.
- ColorZilla: Pick colors from any web page and instantly copy hex/RGB color codes for them.
- Clip-path generator: does not work in Internet Explorer
- Cssplant: has a border-radius generator and clip-path generator
- About responsive grid system
- calculator - converter has a PX to EM converter and EM to PX converter
- Css animation generator
- Stylus (Firefox): Allows live CSS design with instant live previews, without resetting if you navigate or refresh the page.
- Bulk Rename Utility: Renames files in bulk and is highly configurable.
- SageThumbs: Adds thumbnails for a ton of image formats in Windows Explorer. Greatly improves efficiency.
Game file extraction
- Unity Studio: Extracts Unity game files. Works with the latest Unity version.
- AssetStudio: Fork of Unity Studio, and is under active development. Supports Unity 2019.3.
- Unity Assets Explorer 1.3: Extracts Unity game files. Converts .tex files to .dds. Does not work with Unity 4 yet.
- Unity extraction options: A list of Unity tools available and what they do.
- QuickBMS: File extraction tool. Various scripts to support various engines/games.
- CRYENGINE SDK: CRYENGINE tools.
- UE Viewer: Unreal Engine extraction tools. Works with UE4, just explicitly specify the engine version in the settings screen.
- 7-Zip: Some games may use common archive formats to package game art and data; for example; CRYENGINE .pak files from Kingdom Come: Deliverance could be unpacked with this tool.
- WhatTheFont: Upload a sample of the font and it identifies the font.
- Identifont: Answer a series of questions about the font and it identifies the font.
- Font Squirrel: Lots of free fonts. 100% free for commercial use - but please ALWAYS read the FAQ and licenses.
- Dafont: Font repository.
- Cool Text: Graphics generator. Set style, font, and other options.
- What Unicode character is this?: lists all Unicode code points in a provided string, can be useful when detecting rogue characters (zero-width spaces, unusual combining characters) or checking for lookalike characters from different alphabets (e. g. Cyrillic or Greek). Note that you need to click the "Identify" button, pressing Enter in the input field just reloads the page.
- Gimp: The one and only Gimp! Has many plug-ins.
- Shoebox: Extract images from spritesheets, among other features.
- Sprite Vortex: Another sprite sheet manager.
- Alferd Spritesheet Unpacker: Spritesheet extraction.
- Tile Mage: Can split Spritesheets.
- XnViewMP: Image format batch conversion.
- Krita: Useful for digital paintings, has many brushes and page templates, even offers CMYK for print projects.
- paint.net: Raster graphics editor.
- Waifu2x: Double the size/resolution of illustrated images.
- Photopea - Online tool for images.
- Vectr - Online tool for creation of vector graphics
- Real Favicon Generator: A beefier favicon generator with more variations.
- Favicon Generator
- ICO Convert
- TinyPNG: Compress PNG files as much as possible with low quality loss (NOT lossless).
- Compress JPG
- Compress PNG
- Squoosh: an online image compressor/convertor supporting multiple compression systems and formats, including GIF, JPEG, PNG, and WebP.
- Google Chrome for developers: Additional Developer Tools
- Firefox Developer Edition: Additional Developer Tools
- WebAIM Contrast Checker: Allows to check whether a background/foreground color combination meets the accessibility standards for contrast.
- The "Accessibility" tab in Firefox Developer Tools allows full-page contrast audits.
- Coblis — Color Blindness Simulator: Allows to simulate what some image would look like to someone with color blindness.
- AbuseFilter Debugger – Allows you to apply certain AbuseFilter functions to strings.
- AutoWikiBrowser Automate/bot wiki tasks. The manual can be found here. Be sure to get a 6.0 version or higher else the software will not work on Gamepedia wikis.
- Pywikibot: Uses Python scripts to automate tasks.
- User:Pcj/CleanupInterwikis.js: clean up inactive interwiki links
- mwclient: Easy-to-use Python library for calling wiki API actions (read, save, etc).
- mwparserfromhell: Python library for manipulating wikitext, making it easy to add, remove, or edit template parameters, section names, etc.